Bentley’s Grill is proud to work with the Salem Block “Green Team” to implement environmentally friendly practices into our operations. How do we do it?
- Bentley’s Grill is nearly waste free in all “front of house” areas. Each “ticket” produced, straw used, bottle emptied, bottle cap finished, napkin used, cork removed or plastic bread bag emptied is recycled or composted.
- We have placed appropriate containers for recycling in as many locations as possible and all employees are educated as to the current standings of what is and what is not recyclable. There is nothing we throw away that we haven’t asked about first.
- All plastic items, plastic wrap/bags, paper, newspapers, cardboard, Styrofoam, tin, metal, light bulbs,batteries, ink cartridges, milk lids, plastic ware, straws, stir sticks, key cards, old CD’s, key cards, etc..Etc… are all recycled properly.
- The Grand Hotel in Salem and Bentley’s Grill is the first hotel and restaurant in Salem and Marion County to be recognized for environmentally friendly practices by becoming EarthWISE certified through Marion County’s EarthWISE program.
- Recently, The Salem Conference Center, The Grand Hotel in Salem and Bentley’s Grill (known as Salem Block) was named “Large Sustainable Business Of The Year”at the 2011 Mid-Valley Green Awards!
Tweet your thoughts to us by using the #SalemBlock hashtag!