Big News! Bentley’s Grill has a new Wine Steward, and we could not be more excited to introduce him to you! Who better to profile in our “Employee Spotlight” where we introduce you to members of the Bentley’s Grill & “SalemBlock” family.
Mark has worked for Bentley’s since the Spring of 2006. Mark started as a server assistant and worked his way to banquet server and room service attendant.
For the past two years Mark has gotten experience behind the bar and in the dining room as a server. Mark has started his work on the Master Sommelier program, a big undertaking! He plans to spend a lot of time working with Jim Bernau’s team at Willamette Valley Vineyards. We are pleased to announce his promotion to Wine Steward at Bentleys’s Grill. Please come in and meet Mark! We recently asked Mark a series of fun questions just to get to know him a little bit better and here is what he had to say:
- I was born in California and moved to Oregon age of 10. I graduated from Cottage Grove HS in 2003.
- I started as busser at Bentley’s Grill in 2006; left briefly after a few years and came back to fill this great position;
- When I not at Bentley’s Grill, I am at home with my beautiful family reading Sotheby’s Wine Encyclopedia and materials from my Sommelier prep course I am currently taking;
- My favorite Dish at Bentley’s is the Crab and Arthcichoke Calzone;
- I am terrified of rollers coasters;
- A typical Breakfast for me: 2 eggs over medium with sauteed spinach & mushroons and a dash of green tabasco sauce;
- I am addicted to BBQing
- My Guilty pleasure is Cold Stone Creamery Cake Batter Ice Cream with Heath Bar mixed in;
- I am passionate about gardening;
- My favorite local spot to hang out is Busick Court in Salem for Breakfast with friends/family on weekends